Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Anduramba Fires


Anduramba Fires, originally uploaded by cnlizziebns.

"Let the politicians and the bankers and the city look on at the glow in the sky......Let the grasslands burn let there be no pain...I'll drink my last whiskey and dance in the flames"

Not at the moment but was a sentiment expressed some years ago by one of Australia's songsmiths when the banks were turfing out farmers all over the country and the suicide rate of farmers was high

For my part in this particular instance I can not be more grateful for the help extended in the extinguishing of this particular fire. Unfortunately this was man made not done in stealth or anger but in ignorance of this country and the prevailing weather conditions.

I will not sue but would think it appropriate for a "Sorry, I did not mean to burn your pasture".

2 Comments:

Blogger diane b said...

Oh, how awful that it was accidentally lit. I do think you deserve an apology or more.Do you have a big clean up?

September 30, 2009 at 6:54 PM  
Blogger wilbo43 said...

People just don't think sometimes and as a consequence, a disaster can happen. Love the music on this blog. Soooo true!

October 10, 2009 at 5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home