Friday, December 11, 2009

Old Friends

Is that time of year again and Christmas has been a time of year when I shut myself down and do not communicate but this year it will be turned around.  Some of my oldest friends understand and those that do stand by me and am so happy this year as Matthew and his lovely wife and family have returned from working in the Northern Territory and have not completely isolated myself as usually do at this time of the year.

He is making me work with him and the young horses breaking in his polo ponies and me working on some of my animals which I have not done justice to in the past four or five years.  My father and his father were friends and Mat was an impressionable young lad of ten years when he and I met.  He is good for my ego as he remembers me clanking about with shiny silver spurs and jeans wrangling horses and out there doing things and with this encouragement feel I can achieve again.

So have been working at the break of dawn and off riding the young horses coming home exhausted and a nice ache in my oh so unused muscles.  The lard is beginning to strip off and as it does my mood lightens.  With Matt I can remember that it is one of the blessings of friends that you can afford to be stupid with them and at times I am that.





Meet Kevin...well what have we got here



Mine now ......and that was the last I saw of them for a while

2 Comments:

Blogger diane b said...

Great to hear good news. Friends are fabulous. Glad to hear you are more motivated. I love the puppy.

December 13, 2009 at 1:30 PM  
Blogger Lori Skoog said...

What a fabulous pup! Working with horses can make anyone's day...they have a lot to offer.

December 13, 2009 at 4:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home