Tuesday, October 28, 2008

A LITTLE COMFORT GOES A LONG WAY



A bus driver short to drive some older people to an open air church service so I drove the bus and took a few photographs of the prayer meeting. I honour people their beliefs and the faith that helps them through life's hardships.

I am an agnostic evolutionist until someone can offer a more scientific explanation. I am spiritual in the fact that I believe in the balance of nature with all her beauty and savagery. I become calm and at peace watching the ocean, the stars, the birds flashing overhead, running water, touching an ancient tree, looking into a dog's eyes is one door away from heaven, the joy of the living creatures, the basic goodness in the human spirit.

The people I took on this trip received comfort and calm and for this, religion is a boon for them..the rituals, the muttered prayers, the belief that their God will care for them. Most of these people suffer from loneliness, and physical pain and any comfort is a blessing and I do sincerely hope their "God" walks with them..













3 Comments:

Blogger RoeH said...

I look at those faces and think what a wealth of stories about life (and their own personal life) there is to be told. Great post! So true.

October 29, 2008 at 12:01 AM  
Blogger Lizzie's Insomnia said...

The two particular ladies featured are gentle and kind and I believe the march of time on their faces indicate their beautiful aura. One in particular is in cruel pain the majority of her daily hours more than is bearable.

Thank you for commenting...I am hesitant to touch on religion ...many good things are done in the name of as well as many bad things..."Good" and "bad" does not cover it...

Kind Regards,

lizzie B.

October 29, 2008 at 6:05 AM  
Blogger diane b said...

Its refreshing to find someone with the same beliefs as me. However you can put it into words much better than I can. The old ladies portraits are so sensitive, well done. You are a jack of all trades like most country people...driving a bus.

October 30, 2008 at 6:32 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home