Thursday, November 6, 2008

THE PUMP HOLE


After the rain, water trapped at the base of a rock fall



An Australian wildflower, flannel flower, found in this area



The walk along the creek are many rock formations and caves....k...we are so lucky..



This rock hole was the place where the original township pumped their water from and the local children swam....



THE PUMP HOLE, originally uploaded by cnlizziebns.

Went for an early morning hike this morning before I start working nights for the next week......we all end in the ocean...we start in the streams.

I usually go for a hike early particularly after rain. The area experienced a wild storm last night and a lightening strike nearby, I thought my number was up so am a little reflective today.

4 Comments:

Blogger diane b said...

Lovely photos lizzy! You live in a beautiful area. Those storms can be a bit fierce.

November 6, 2008 at 6:51 PM  
Blogger Lizzie's Insomnia said...

The lightening strike rocked the house...and the noise was awesome...nature is a wild beast when given full rein...

Kind regards,

lizzie B.

November 6, 2008 at 7:53 PM  
Blogger RoeH said...

Cool photos. I have to learn that there are photos everywhere I go if I just look for them.

November 6, 2008 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger Lizzie's Insomnia said...

Thank you Lucy.....I wish I had taken more photographs when younger as worked and travelled extensively in the bush of Australia....

November 7, 2008 at 9:52 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home