Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Sorry Margaret

I apologise for not being here and appreciate your concern and do think of your circumstances and your kindness.

My head is sorted and am now working full time, I would need to have my head sorted work 9 night shifts in a lock down facility and what I see each night allows me to count my blessings which are many.
THE BEAUTIFUL JABIRU PHOTOGRAPHED IN THE GULF OF CARPENTARIA, QUEENSLAND
THE INCOMPARABLE MT FEATHERTOP IN THE VICTORIAN ALPS OF AUSTRALIA
MOUNT FEATHERTOP FROM HOTHAM
CURRUMBIN ROCKS, GOLD COAST, QUEENSLAND, SEEING IN THE DAWN
A LITTLE AUSSIE, THE EASTERN ROSELLA
I often wondered where the name Rosella came from and now I know.  The first settlers in Sydney would occasionally see these bright parrots in the area with the European name of Rose Hill and called them the Rose Hilliers gradually become Rosella which is such a pretty name for a gorgeous species of parrot as have a few variations of colour in these Parrots, Crimsons, Pale heads, Easterns and saw a different colour again on the Einsleigh River of Far North Queensland but too quick for me to have him in the camera

BLUE MOUNTAINS NSW AUSTRALIA
Spent a few days walking these trails and only scratched the surface of course had to climb on the first of the Three Sisters.  The commercial set up and crowds surrounding The Three Sisters I will not go there, and the parking fees are something else but was reassured when driving the back roads of this area, to see the campers and parkers enjoying this bushland and vista as it should be enjoyed.  I have a resistance to fences and Keep Out signs for ones own safety, I am of the opinion this land belongs to me and you and should I wish to direct my footsteps where ever I will do so ever mindful of damage.

I do have 5 nights off in sequence each fortnight and usually travel in these times, even flew to Melbourne and saw snow for the first time in August, climbed to the top of the highest mountain in Oz amongst other things and getting a good look at this wonderful country of ours.  I am now a wanderer, not as yet a full time wanderer but is heading that way.  Two more years of work and I am off.

I have travelled from my birthplace in the Gulf of Carpentaria to the Alps in Victoria, much in between including the Blue Mountains of NSW where the walking trails are magnificent indescribable walking the edges of these escarpments for ks and this year am going to venture to Tasmania and further west into the deserts of this great country.  I will begin with returning to my birthplace in the Gulf of Carpentaria on the banks of the Norman River.  I returned my mother's ashes to this vast delta land that she loved so much and lived her life to the fullest

THE MIGHTY FLINDERS RIVER

 NORMAN RIVER & KARUMBA
 DELTA DOWNS BIRDS EYE VIEW
 DELTA DOWNS BY ROBINSON 22 HELICOPTER
 WETLANDS OF THE GULF
 DAWN IN THE GULF

This is my birthplace and wandered over the Gulf retracing my ancestors and my steps acknowledging the place was more beautiful than my childhood memories.

I think I am about to go walkabout big time, first Australia and then will take myself to the regions of this earth I wish to gaze upon.

Labels: , ,

4 Comments:

Blogger Margaret D said...

Elizabeth,
Thank you :). So thrilled to know you are safe and well.

Your work is hard on your mind. Good that you can get away and take your lovely photos...they are beautiful.

Take care...Margaret

January 17, 2012 at 9:38 PM  
Blogger diane b said...

Nice to know that you are still around. Your photos are stunning as usual.

January 17, 2012 at 11:45 PM  
Blogger Lizzie's Insomnia said...

I Thank you both, Margaret and Diane for your hellos,
Yesterday caught up with both your blogs and my you both have full busy and interesting lives.

Regards,

Elizabeth

January 18, 2012 at 8:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your photos are amazing, and amazingly beautiful. :-)

September 21, 2013 at 5:34 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home