Thursday, June 21, 2012

Thank you Margaret for your concerns.  I have not been very active here but will be trying to update so my family and friends may follow where I am as will be on the road for the next few months traveling to places where I have not ventured previously in this land.

 I start tomorrow night hopefully to cross  the path of Burke and Wills, my first hop will be a 14oo k leg, then will rest up and explore,  and intend to cross the desert to the red centre, down to Adelaide, across the Great Ocean Road and then do some hiking in snow shoes and cross country skis in the high country of Australia. I spoke to my friend whose brother lives and works in the far west and he said to tell me it was f@#%^ cold, forewarned is forearmed.

My nerves are at a stretching point and thinking of all that could go wrong but will press on and perhaps may end not as I ideally would wish but am determined to have a go.

I will try and keep a record not only for family and friends but for myself to get a clearer picture of what I felt and saw in the next few months.

Elizabeth


2 Comments:

Blogger Margaret D said...

Lovely to read a post from you.
Take care, have fun as I am sure you will. Look forward to reading about your adventure when it's written.
Keep warn...best wishes...Margaret xoxox
PS...thanks for comment on my blog :)

June 21, 2012 at 9:33 PM  
Blogger diane b said...

Looking forward to hearing about your travels and seeing more of your fabulous photography. Been missing you. Keep safe.

July 18, 2012 at 7:09 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home